Bertini

Bertini

After about two kilometers. the concentric faces, on the right side of the road to the high Valle Ellero, the small village of Bertini, a typical cluster of farmhouses, a few houses huddled each other, porches and barns stables remained unchanged over time. Not to be missed is a visit to the farmstead of the Friars, filled with a treasure trove of precious jewels, in the heart of the village, probably in the fifteenth century was part of the property of the Certosa di Casotto and could be a downstream transhumance station. The farmstead is the oldest part of Bertini and was, in medieval times, Dominican monastery and the Benedictine monks. The building still has the structure of the fifteenth century, and still the mighty walls continue to bring out the pages of history.

In the shadows of the balcony overlooking the courtyard You can admire an artistic testimony of high value: the frescoes by Mazzucco. These, the author probably being housed guest or at least by the monks in the period that has worked in our parish church of San Maurizio, where his work is dated 1486, has left this important reminder on the exterior of the farmhouse facade. The pictorial cycle, which recently experienced an important phase of restoration, is described in detail in part in a special folder. The small village is located about 630 m. above sea level and currently experienced by about 25 people. probably finding herself a guest or at least housed by the monks in the period that has worked in our parish church of San Maurizio, where his work is dated 1486, it has left this important reminder on the exterior of the farmhouse facade. The pictorial cycle, which recently experienced an important phase of restoration, is described in detail in part in a special folder. The small village is located about 630 m. above sea level and currently experienced by about 25 people. probably finding herself a guest or at least housed by the monks in the period that has worked in our parish church of San Maurizio, where his work is dated 1486, it has left this important reminder on the exterior of the farmhouse facade. The pictorial cycle, which recently experienced an important phase of restoration, is described in detail in part in a special folder. The small village is located about 630 m. above sea level and currently experienced by about 25 people.